Thursday, February 24, 2011

Our House: Katie's room

I love how Katie's room turned out! We have made it sweet and cozy for her and our guests.
Please come and visit us!
She loves her reading corner and sweet flower light-from IKEA and my friend Hollie-thank you! This is the chair I redid for $25! I am so glad Melissa helped me with it before Justin threw it out...but for my husbands sake, it did sit untouched for 14 months!
My other favorite part of her room is the 'k'. Around the 'k' are the words, "In Christ alone, my hope is found, he is my light, my strength, my song." One of Katie and my favorite hymns.
No little girls room is complete without a baby doll section!
To add some more space in her room we took the doors off Katie's closet and added these gingham curtains. It is also the perfect hide and seek spot for our kiddos! I was glad to find them the exact length I needed off of Craigslist! (thanks Robin for picking them up for me!)
This closet also makes a great semi nursery as our friend Nahum slept in it with the curtains drawn-perfect!

Wonderful!! Katie's 'office' is in her closet. :) (And Owen's restaurant too...and do you see him climbing on the shelves??? That boy is a climber-whew!)
Sweet bed....complete with Stitch and Bunny...one to cuddle with for each arm at night. :)

Love you big girl-thank you for sharing your room with our guests and for helping me with your room.

PS...what you didn't see was the pile of stuff I removed from K's room so that I could take photos of it clean. There was a PILE of clothes and toys that needed to be put away. Oh well, just like our wonderful kiddos-busy and creative! :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Metlife said...

I agree, I love that room. It is fun that a guest can easily stay and yet it still is a fun room for Katie!

Dustin, Jessa, Paxton said...

Sister, You are Amazing!! I always love what you do with your decorating. I am just amazed at how warm and cozy your house always looks and feels. I think that ours is so cold and stark!

I need help :)

Brandy Seago said...

It is a fun room! That closet is PERFECT for babies in a packnplay! We hope to visit again sometime soon! We LOVED it!