Friday, June 4, 2010

Things of summer...

Sweat dripping down a check and wet ringlets hugging faces.
 

Happy toes polished and flip flop tan lines.
 
Posted by Picasa

Summer clothes...

I desperately need something that is not stained with spit-up or drool. Something that is in style and not a left over from my college days. Where do you all shop at??? Shopping is not one of my favorite pastimes and now with O and K it is even harder. So any help from online stores would also be wonderful. Anyone want to be my personal shopper?? That would be glorious.
And I know it is bad-Justin even commented on my ADPI shorts and their need to be trashed (yes, they had a hole and were ~8 years old!). Normally Justin is super encouraging with my wardrobe...so you know if he has noticed I should get on the ball. He even tried to take me shopping a few weeks back (ahhh, it was SO nice, but with two kiddos and one nursing it didn't last long), but I have some cash to spend-waahooo! So, HELP!

5 comments:

Dustin, Jessa, Paxton said...

SHOPPING!!!????? I am all in! This is a favorite past time of mine :) The Jcrew order should be arriving at mom and dad's this week when you are in KS. I CANNOT WAIT to see you the kids and hang out for the week. You have no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joy said...

i used to go to the outlet malls in Smithfield (they have Banana Republic there and the prices are decent and the clothes will last awhile [both style and durability]), but that may be a bit too far for you travel wise. Target is always a plus AND you can shop online, but the clothes are cheaper and won't last as long [durability wise, maybe style]. H&M just opened at Crabtree, it is a cheaper option to get a lot of fun stylish clothes at a good price (durability may suffer). I recommend purchasing a few tops online at Target. Then go to Crabtree and get a few bottoms (skirts and shorts) at H&M, as well as maybe a good summer dress (you could go bold on style in the dress and skirt since it is your new summer clothes!). Then plan a trip to the outlets and get a few other pieces that will last through style changes at Banana Republic. Perhaps get a khaki skirt that is versitle for your new tops, or a light, white short-sleeve jacket to go over your dress. Maybe a few solid color tops, and a pair of shoes.
That's my two cents. Hope it helps!

Joy said...

as a matter of fact- just email me your approximate sizes (for tops, dresses, skirts, shorts- both number and small/medium/whatever). I can send you an email with some links (from target, banana republic, and H&m) of what I am thinking. I have the H&M Magazine here at the flat, I could call over the the crabtree store and see if they have some stuff avaliable, you could perhaps even put them on hold before you go so you don't have to spend a lot of time there!

Justin and Gi said...

Pie-will take you up on it!!
Don't worry about that.

Joy-WONDERFUL! What is H&M? wow, great thoughts and I might even send you my sizes...two personal shoppers, how sublime!

Joy said...

H&M is a european store that is now opening in the US. It is a fairly trendy yet cheaper store. you can read more here:http://www.crabtree-valley-mall.com/details.cfm?sid=325

Hope to hear from you sometime soon!