Friday, June 25, 2010

Journaling-Three types of days.

FREE BUFFER FOCUS FREE BUFFER FOCUS FREE BUFFER FOCUS FREE BUFFER FOCUS FREE BUFFER FOCUS

Justin came home a few days ago after having a meeting with a gentleman for MI and told me about "titling your day" so as to set proper expectations. The gentleman he was meeting with is going through some coaching and said it is awesome; it has changed his daily tasks, from frustrating to good! He then told Justin about titling your day and Justin shared them with me. Since I so often have frustrated expectations at the end of the day I thought I would give it a try. And so far (within this week) it has helped! The gentleman also said that just like for anything to stick, we need to title our days for a few weeks to months. I am going to try!
So....at the start of my day I decide whether I am going to have a focused, buffer, or free day. Today was a buffer day. I got a few things done and then went and had a playdate. Yesterday was supposed to be a focused day-which didn't happen, but at least I had some thought to how to spend my day. And then earlier in the week I had a free day. Played with the kids outside, talked to some friends, blogged a bit and didn't do much working around the house.
This weekend I need to have some focused days. Maybe Justin can help me out with the little ones. We will see.
But let me know if you give this a try.

No comments: