Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Family Date

We decided to go to the North Carolina Zoo in Ashboro last Saturday. It was a beautiful day. It was fun to be outside. The about two hour drive was pleasant. And finally the kids enjoyed it and so did we! We got to see just about every animal the zoo has! Plus it wasn't that crowded, a super bonus. We saw both Africa and North America, rode the tram and walked a ton. Thank goodness for a double stroller! Katie and Owen did great on the trip, Owen sleeping both ways-yay! And last we stopped at an apple orchard and I picked up some apples to make apple sauce-yummmmmy. :)








Owen LOVED sitting on the Rhino. Katie, as you will see, would only sit on the tail.








Katie favorite part was the carousel
and watching movies on the way there and back. When asked she never mentioned the animals!
But her favorite animal was the river otter.
Owen loved the Elephants.
Justin loved the large lion.
I loved the puffins.

Side note-I want a new camera. I am tired of messing with this one and not getting anything close to what I desire. I also want more time to play around with photography. But alas, that will come with time! At least I have a camera. :) Counting my blessings!

1 comment:

the carlson's said...

your kiddos are just so sweet!