Friday, October 29, 2010

A step in the right direction.

We are selling our jute rug that doesn't fit in this new living room space (it used to go in our dining room) and we purchased the rug that we wanted! It is a great deal to pick a carpet remnant and have it bound. If you are in the area and wanting something like this then check out Brentwood Carpet on Capital. We found this 7x9 piece for $70 and it was bound for $2 a foot with a felt pad underneath costing a total of $190! Seriously, for those that have priced this out, $2 a foot for binding is incredible. Home Depot wanted to do it for $4 at the baseline. I was going to buy and have this bound through Home Depot, but when the lady insisted I check with some place else, I thought I'd at least give it a try. I am so glad I did! As I was checking on prices the average price that came back was about $450 for what I wanted. So when we went to Brentwood and found this remnant we were thrilled! If you click on the photo below you can see it is a textured carpet with small loops and shag into diamond shapes. It is super soft and we LOVE it. So thankful for God's provision in buying this piece.
So now all that is left is to buy our couch and chair. And for those that care, I did have two appointments with Brandy at Crabtree Pottery Barn. I don't know if they think I will buy something or not, but I was impressed that I didn't feel pressured to buy their stuff. I went in the store and then they came to the house. Both times I had a list of questions to ask their opinion on. They answered everything with their expertise. I will say that everything they said I could put up, IE like a wall painting or floating shelves could all be found in their store, but I expected that. Now I can go and look around for what they suggested. One other example, I asked about length and style of curtains for our room, the living room and dining room. "Should they match in color and style since our home is small? Should they puddle on the floor? Should we put the curtain rods at the ceiling or just at the window?" All these questions I had been wrestling with... And I didn't feel pressure to just buy their curtains, though they said which ones they thought would be good. They really left it up to me! So I am in search of something like cream velvet at 108" for our bedroom to start. I checked with JCPenny's and found some at a good price on sale. Or I might go with a textured linen. And I just might buy those next month! We will see. Even though we have a envelope of all our Craigslist money it won't last forever-especially after we buy a couch and chair. :)
For sure tell me if you call Pottery Barn and ask them some questions. You could have the same great experience or a completely different one. But either way I'd love to know!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: