Friday, October 15, 2010

We got back from KS a week ago....and I have bunches of photos!

We had the blessing of flying to Kansas a week ago and staying to hang out with family for an entire week! Justin had to stay behind and work on some workshop stuff that takes place every other month then fly to LA for some meetings. He was disappointed that he couldn't come and celebrate my brothers wedding reception and welcome into the family, Mrs. Julie Stein with us. We were bummed too! But we made the best of it and saw oodles and oodles of family and had a wonderful time. :)

We saw Mimi and Grandpa Stein, Aunt Pie and Uncle Dustin, Uncle Tommy and Aunt Julie-(a post all for them soon), all my mom's sisters/brothers/families-which is about 30 + people, Grandpa Hime, Aunt Brandi and Mr. Silas, Great Grandma Yeahquo (Justin's grandma), Justin's Aunt Debbie and Chandrea, Nana and Papa, Uncle Drew, Granny (Justin's grandma), Tamara, Kristin, Kate, and Jacob...and SO many others. It was a jammed packed week!

It was a good time being there and it was nice to be back here in our own beds and give daddy hugs. But to everyone in KS. We LOVE you guys, can't wait to see you again, and you all are always welcomed out here at our home!

Katie was SUPER excited to go to KS, she RAN down the gate to the airplane. :)
She got bunches of rides on Grandpa Stein's 4-wheeler
She made sugar butterfly cookies with my Aunt Mary Kay
The cookies were demolished in 3 minutes by everyone in the family!

Owen put EVERYTHING in his mouth-there was all sorts of new things to taste. :)
Me and my sister Jessa. Love this girl.
Me and my cousin Marina. Wish we lived closer to CO and could visit more!

All the girl cousins on my mom's side, plus the kids...
My cousin Hannah that Katie loved. It didn't hurt that Hannah had games on her phone.
Hannah and her brother Hayden live in CA. I nannied for them while I was in college one summer. They were 3 and 5 years old then! Whew that was a while ago. :)
Katie getting some Grandpa time!

Ahh....what a sweet couple-Aunt Pie and Uncle Dustin, you both look great! My sister is three years younger then me.
Just hanging out with my little boy! We enjoyed beautiful weather the entire time. So therefore we lived outside whenever possible. :)
Is that gun for me Grandpa? (Don't worry, Owen DID NOT get to to shoot it...yet! :)
So many rocks and sticks to choose from....so little time.
This tractor is from when we were kids and it is still a hit! Amazing that it has been saved for all these years. What a great toy!
Hangout out with Mimi and Grandpa. Grandpa was taking down a dead tree and we watched then helped him clean up.

Me and my dad! What a special photo.

We made a trip to the local pumpkin patch. We all loved it! I had never been so it was a treat for us all.
It is So had to get a photo of both kids smiling...but they were on the search for the perfect pumpkin....so I understand!
Owen LOVES slides! This one was super fast and he laughed the entire way down. :) And Katie is not sure of this tunnel-it was too bumpy she said.

Grandpa and Katie found the perfect pumpkin!
Owen and Mimi enjoyed the dusty trail.
"Come on, Owen, find a pumpkin with me!"
Loving the hayride and Mimi hug!

We finished the week by reading the "sillys" aka the funnies.
We celebrated Owen turning one! And a side note. By this time in the week, Owen was NOT feeling good. I think he and I got a bit of some food poising-ahhhh. Made the plane ride home a bit, ummm, challenging! But Owen was blessed with some new toys and clothes. Thanks Mimi and Grandpa. :)
Mimi and Owen.
Grandpa...I love you, I am just tired! That tool box, super!
And finally one last game with Grandpa. Katie played tickles with Grandpa, wrestled with him and hit the ball back and forth with a fly swatter. What fun. I am sure next time Owen will be in the middle of the games too!




We Love you Grandpa and Mimi Stein. We will see you soon!

And in another post soon...Nana and Papa, then Grandpa Hime!

No comments: